• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCORE! I finally got a morgan with a 100% rainbow-toned obverse

11 posts in this topic

I picked this up at the PO first thing in the morning, and it was just the beginning of my great day. The colors come alive under light, with huge bands of color across the entire obverse. If you remember my thread last week about a new crescent dollar, I said I like when LIBERTY is a different color than its surroundings... here's the real winner of a coin! RTY are deep red, surrounded by blue and green (YES!) and LIBE are green and yellow, surrounded by different colors, as well.

The reverse is nothing to brag about, but if you couldn't tell... I'm HAPPY!!! smile.gif I still need to work to get the color to show a little better in these shots...

Two new shots from the evening (I hate the second one, but it shows the color quite nicely for most--it still misses some of the royal blue, however... to be fair, there's not a ton of it, anyway)

pcgs21777044_obv3_sm.jpg

pcgs21777044_obv4_sm.jpg

pcgs21777044_obv1_sm.jpg

pcgs21777044_obv2_sm.jpg

pcgs21777044_rev_sm.jpg

Jeremy smile.gif

Jeremy,

Your coin is so cool I just had to showed it to a couple of coworkers who are noncollectors, they are amazed at how colorful silver can get, they say wow!!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif from the three of us.

Now back to business as usual... stooges.gif

Yes, and you can put a "rainbow" on any silver piece by heating it in extra virgin olive oil at 175 degrees and exposing it to direct sunlight for about 3 or 4 days. Smell the coin. Are you in the mood for the house salad with fries? Thought so.

RJ