• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My new Texas commem. Dont look if you dont like toning

23 posts in this topic

The luster is quite strong. The left side of the obverse is not as dark as it looks. It is a lovely rich auburn red color. The pic is a little underlighted as one of my lights blew a bulb.

texascombo.jpg

lights blew a bulb.

Yeah with as good as your half looks to me, I could see that happening. laugh.gif

The Texas commem. design is one of my favorite, top two actually, in the Commemoratives from 1892-1954cloud9.gif

Yours is an outstanding example. 893applaud-thumb.gif

[#@$%!!!] amazing coin

looks 100000000 times better in person

and has everything going for it 66+++++/67 monster color monster lustre and i have yet to see a better toned texas but i do not get out that much 27_laughing.gif

893whatthe.gifand if there is one better then it will be over 10k or thereabouts 893whatthe.gif

Thanks for all the positive comments. And thanks to a fellow forum member for letting me adopt this puppy. hail.gif

Beautiful coin...both color and form! hail.gif

I am amazed how far we have fallen from the Mint's glory days...today we get a cow and a stalk of corn (hopefully with an extra "leaf") or some other hodge-podge of mismatched flat, low-relief, easy to strike, cheap designs. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Mike

Bruce,

Because this design is rather busy, it is not uncommon for there to be some weakness in strike. While this coin is not struck up fully it certainly is above average.