• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Coin! Rainbow Crescent 1884-O Dollar!

10 posts in this topic

Howdy folks! If you haven't been able to tell, I've been pretty busy recently... I haven't had a free weekend in I don't know how long, but things should start to slow down at the beginning of next week. At least now, I'm finally done with the college search smile.gif (had to choose from 8 schools 893whatthe.gif... I chose MIT thumbsup2.gif)

Anyway, I haven't been doing a whole lot of buying or selling recently because of the work, but I was able to win this morgan at a nice price. It came in the mail yesterday, and I finally had a chance to shoot it today (I accidentally over-napped by about 2-3 hours yestarday during study time, and never turned on my computer sorry.gif). Anyway, she's in an NGC MS63* holder and is a keeper... here's why I like her:

-Blazing lustre

-Very nice strike

-Awesome color... I love when the color suddenly changes as the height of the devices changes... and it does so here... a LOT. I also like when LIBERTY is a different color than the space surrounding the letters... that's true with the L on this one. Finally, check out the M in UNUM... I count 5 different colors on it smile.gif

ngc1763718-007_obv_sm.jpg

ngc1763718-007_rev_sm.jpg

I hope you enjoy her!

Jeremy

Excellent coin, Jeremy, but here's the best part of your post: "I chose MIT "

Superb. Hope you enjoy it. The guys on Car Talk did! smile.gif

Hoot

Another nice coin and great pic Jeremy.

I have said it many times that I love that type of toning and color on Morgans.

-------------

etexmike

I like the color very much! thumbsup2.gif It also looks like there is terrific luster on the piece.

See you up in New England this fall! smile.gif

I like the color very much! thumbsup2.gif It also looks like there is terrific luster on the piece.

See you up in New England this fall! smile.gif

It is a blazer smile.gif And I like how you avoided saying you like the "coin" very much... way to keep with the morgan hate makepoint.gif