• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When I see stuff like this....

3 posts in this topic

Two comments: first of all, when the coins were made into jewelry, they may have had little numismatic premium. Maybe it was done in the 1960s, perhaps? confused-smiley-013.gif Second, perhaps more importantly, there is little market for numismatically impaired common coins. Personally, I think a perfectly appropriate place to put dateless Buffalo nickels and Standing Liberty quarters is in belt buckles, bracelets, whatever. If anything, it gets more exposure for such coins that should otherwise just end up in the melting pot.

James

It's what I've done with most of my coins, and it makes me feel better in the moment makepoint.gifinsane.gif.

I enjoyed the description quite a bit. 27_laughing.gif I love how the seller emphasized how RARE these beated to [#@$%!!!] coins are. flamed.gif Now, if they'd only do this with some 1794 dollars, I'd feel quite a bit better. yay.gif

Hoot