• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

code talker enhanced dollar coin& Chronicles set

7 posts in this topic

The new Coin & Chronicles Code Talker dollar has the S Mint Mark.

It has the enhanced finish as the previous year coin the Iron Worker. But the iron worker coin has the W mint mark. Talking to an operator at the Mint was like speaking with a Door-Knob. When asked why the Mint switch, her reply was " cuz that's where it was Minted".

So as it stands the 2015-W Iron Workers Coin and Chronicles will be the only Native American coin with that Mint Mark.

Welcome!

I bought 2 of these today. The 2014 Native Hospitality, enhanced finish, was minted in Denver, the 2015 Iron Workers at West Point, and yes, this years 2016 enhanced finish minted in San Francisco. I imagine next years may be minted in Philadelphia as there appears to be a pattern emerging. So, who knows, in another 3 years West Point might mint another one of these enhanced finish Sacagaweas.

Rich

Alan's description is spot on Roger. I just thought of these offerings as a hybrid between a business strike, and a proof. But, they certainly have the reverse proof qualities.

When the 2014-D Sacagawea's were made public- it was my first experience with the "means and ways" of flippers. I got caught up in this frenzy, and bought two unopened boxes of 10 on Ebay...I opened one and the second remains sealed to this day.

The low mintage of the product, combined with the proceeding internet hype with errors and value of the MS70 created an impulse to purchase.

Live and learn!