• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who here has been banned before on the PCGS forums???

77 posts in this topic

Mike,

When I was banned, it was certainly not for lack of playing nice! I guess a certain amount of truth went beyond what the good folks at PCGS could stomach at the time.

James

yes someone who i know really well on the pcgs boards stated the truth about three weeks on a ceRTAIN innamed forum and and he was not banned but his thread was removed 27_laughing.gif

and thensomeone else started the same threead with the same words the next day but it stuck ie/\.was not banned as it did not tell the truth 27_laughing.gif

I have never been banned from ANY forum (except for one, and I STILL claim that was a computer glitch, but we won't go into that). I am always extremely polite, helpful, and well-behaved. No one would ever have a reason to ban me.

smile.gif

I have never been banned from ANY forum (except for one, and I STILL claim that was a computer glitch, but we won't go into that). I am always extremely polite, helpful, and well-behaved. No one would ever have a reason to ban me.

smile.gif

I can understand why you've never been banned. With a name 50 characters long, they can't get it to fit in the "box"! Geez. I'd hate to have to write you a speeding ticket! 27_laughing.gif

Chris

Not banned....but have decided to return here for postings......a few too many nasty mean spirited blowhards there, though also many very nice and helpful people. A real herd mentality as well. Nice to be back home.

Goose, I have two questions that I have always wondered.

Do cops gets brownie or merit points for writing tickets? And do you really have quotas, monthly or otherwise?

So how does one go about getting banned at a numismatic message board

DON'T EVER TALK ABOUT STAMPS OR MODERNS AND GREG IN THE SAME BREATH!

Welcome to the boards, gator!

Are you from Florida, or just a Burt Reynolds fan?

Chris

I'm from Florida.

And BTW, Burt Reynolds is a Florida State alum, and is widely despised by the Gator Nation. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I'm from Florida, too, and am fully aware of the rivalry between the two schools. My reference to Reynolds was not about his alumni status, rather, one of his movies in which the character he portrayed was named "Gator". Am I to assume that you are from the beautiful, rolling-hilled, thoroughbred countryside surrounding Gainesville? thumbsup2.gif

Chris

At one time, yes. I now reside in Alabama, about 45 minutes from the Auburn campus.

You are definitely correct. There are some beautiful horse ranches around Gainesville, especially south towards Ocala.

I was banned for posting a photoshop of David Hall's head on Hitler's body, with Nazi emblems in the background.

I don't regret it one bit.

Haven't bought a PCGS coin since.

I'm debating crossing over all my slabs to NGC, because I'm kind of anal and like all my slabs in a set to be matched. Yes, you can laugh at me for this.

Then again, some of them just plain aren't worth crossing, like all the common date Buffs. I can find another one just as nice. smile.gif

I was banned for posting a photoshop of David Hall's head on Hitler's body, with Nazi emblems in the background.

Wow that is a head scratcher 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Wonder why they kicked you out 27_laughing.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow that is a head scratcher Wonder why they kicked you out

BECAUSE THE TRUTH HURTS!!!!

Quote:

Cant see the emoticons can you 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cant see the emoticons can you

That's because I was only thinking it, I really didn't mean to say it....

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cant see the emoticons can you

That's because I was only thinking it, I really didn't mean to say it....

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gifnews.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I am just wondering.Today makes 3 times I have been banned.They dont warn you though wich is kind of annoying.You try to login and it says you cant and it stinks. mad.gif

Yes, my beloved alt ID BeanEater was banned. frown.gif

I am just wondering.Today makes 3 times I have been banned.They dont warn you though wich is kind of annoying.You try to login and it says you cant and it stinks. mad.gif

Yes, my beloved alt ID BeanEater was banned. frown.gif

893whatthe.gif I feel your pain sorry.gif

I am just wondering.Today makes 3 times I have been banned.They dont warn you though wich is kind of annoying.You try to login and it says you cant and it stinks.

.... and to me, this thread is still a classic lol !

Banned today from PCGS Currency forums...

Don't know why. Check out posts from 'mintcollector' and you be the judge if it was merited or not...

Link?

I am sorry, but what you asking for a link to? I don't even know why I was banned, but the last conversation I was in was called something on IRS reporting. All I said is that I don't think that PCGS should allow political debates on their forums (I meant this in ageneral sense) and stated that these kind of topics are not allowed on the PMG forums. Guess they don't like that I mentioned their competition???

Aside from that, I wouldn't know what to link to...

and stated that these kind of topics are not allowed on the PMG forums. Guess they don't like that I mentioned their competition???

That sounds like it.

Banned today from PCGS Currency forums...

Don't know why. Check out posts from 'mintcollector' and you be the judge if it was merited or not...

Link?

I am sorry, but what you asking for a link to? I don't even know why I was banned, but the last conversation I was in was called something on IRS reporting. All I said is that I don't think that PCGS should allow political debates on their forums (I meant this in ageneral sense) and stated that these kind of topics are not allowed on the PMG forums. Guess they don't like that I mentioned their competition???

Aside from that, I wouldn't know what to link to...

However, with the push to pass the bill on requiring dealers to report revenues from numismatic sales, that is something worth discussing on any numismatic forum.

I am sorry, but what you asking for a link to?

Can you link maybe the last couple of threads you posted to ATS? Also, is your handle over there also "mintcollector"?

Sorry, I'm lazy :( and virtually never wander ATS unless someone links something.

However, with the push to pass the bill on requiring dealers to report revenues from numismatic sales, that is something worth discussing on any numismatic forum.

Yes, I agree. This is an issue that cuts to the core of being able to run a viable business to say nothing of the added expenses incurred by business owners. This is of great importance to PCGS itself since this requirement would hurt their bottom line as well. I’ve made this point over there when the issue was raised.

Another issue that many people forget is the threat of identity theft. I don’t want my Social Security number plastered all over the place for some criminal to steal and use.

You can tell me shut up because this is a “political issue,” but it’s a lot deeper than that. It has to do with our rights and our quality of life. And you don’t like reading this, you can go to the next box in this string.