• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted - Early Irish Republic proofs for research project.

8 posts in this topic

Please let me know what you have and asking price. Prefer original packaging where the entire coin can be examined/weighed, etc. (Slabs make the research much more difficult and add uncertainty within the data.)

While not for sale I have this one. Living in Dublin I have begun to seek these coins out. I'd be very interested in your research. Have you spoken to Chris Denton? He at one time had the most complete set ever assembled.

33789967_large.jpg

I have never heard of original packaging. These are called VIP proofs because they were produced for dignitaries and other VIP's. Maybe 10-12 were made at most from each issue with the Arlie's ones being exceptionally rare. I believe that most were given out loose to the intended recipient. I could wrong but Denton would know.

Thanks! The research relates to the early issues and persons involved in the government during the transition and early years.

Thanks! I appreciate the offer. Can't think of anything at present, but if something comes up, I'll contact you.

RWB