• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(Finally)A few new toners I picked up.Prepare to drool!

11 posts in this topic

As many of you know,I'm no coin photography expert but still.....

Hehe devil.gif

I picked up this 1835 half dime at the Tampa show on the 6th.I just love the toning on this one.The obv. almost all blue-green the blue-green-red toning on the rev accents the lustrous eagle. It looks like MS-65 material at first glance but there are a few marks hidden in Liberty's curls which brings it to a max 63 in my opinion,of course it is my opinion and hopefully NGC will disagree devil.gif

760192-t-1.JPG

760195-t-2.JPG

Another purchase from Tampa,this 1854-O is definately MS.I think it has a pretty good chance of going 63 at NGC,maybe they'll even give me a * cloud9.gif:

760211-t-4.JPG

760218-t-5.JPG

I bought this Morgan from a local dealer,nothing fancy but the almost PL surfaces and rev. toning is what appealed to me.ANACS MS-65(no PL designation

760219-t-8.JPG

760233-t-9.JPG

Move over MadMarty!Cherrypicked this one from a proof set in a capital plastics holder.Lime green bottom/top fades to sky blue then dark purple cameo:

760238-t-10.JPG

I sent this one to Jom devil.gif.

Actually the guy I bought it from said he had it an album for years,and it looks NT to me.

hail.gif

760240-t-11.JPG

763904-t-12.JPG

Last of all I picked up 6 of these Columbian halves(4 92's,2 93's) in XF-AU all with the same blue-green rim toning.This one being the nicest.If only they were unc. frown.gif

763917-t-6.JPG

763920-t-7.JPG

-Hayden

PS Note all coin pics were taken with clean nails:

764015-g1.JPG

27_laughing.gif

I sent this one to Jom .

Actually the guy I bought it from said he had it an album for years,and it looks NT to me.

Please...send more! laugh.gif

The guy is pulling your leg...it only took me 10 min. Years? Bah! devil.gif

jom

PS: Nice coins!

I will never live that down.....I am going to come over to Tampa and moleste a few of your coins after I have worked on my car thumbsup2.gif

See what you missed,there were alot of sweet toners at the Tampa show.One guy had several toned IH proofs,man they were juicy morsels. devil.gifThey had to drag me away from his table after the guy got ticked off that his coin were drowning in drool insane.gif

There's always next year...

You're absolutely right, Hayden...you can't take decent pics! 893whatthe.gif But that's ok cuz I can. Just send the whole lot to me and I'll have them not only drooling but panting for more!! grin.gif

Very nice pickups!!

You're absolutely right, Hayden...you can't take decent pics! 893whatthe.gif But that's ok cuz I can. Just send the whole lot to me and I'll have them not only drooling but panting for more!! grin.gif

Very nice pickups!!

I doubt I'll see them again though devil.gif

Actually most of them are at NGC right now...