• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check this 1885 O Morgan out!!

7 posts in this topic

I picked this up really cheap, I think... Take a look... Think it would have a shot at DM? or PL? or both? I tried to capture alot with that one shot.... but the mirrors this coin has are great... It looks better in hand...

760857-1885o.jpg

760857-1885o.jpg.cab7389bf2c6c61a8211b62a2ee4c543.jpg

I can't tell for sure from the image...but I would say it's at least a PL.....I would probably have to see the coin in hand to judge whether or not it would make DMPL 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looks like a nice coin...congrats 893applaud-thumb.gif

Darn, but that looks a lot like one of the Morgan's I sold over the last couple months. Shipped some to Mesquite, TX. I'd like to think it was to you and that you are well satisfied with it. I had about 300 BU/MS that I got in a lot purchase with some eagles and proofs a few years ago. I don't know much about Morgan's. They're pretty but not what I collect. Never really paid them much attention. When I decided to sell them I spent hours looking at each one. It was fun. I started selling them Ebay last December - one at a time. I ended up selling most of them off-line to people who had bought them on line and inquired of more. Shipped the last away last week. I didn't know what I was doing with these but I could tell they were MS. So I picked the MS 60 greysheet price. I was happy - they were happy. I got cash to buy coins I wanted - they got nice coins they wanted. What could be better?

761806-morganbuobv.jpg.ac2faeb5e05000b52e5ab89ea7b47037.jpg

Mark.... It would not be me.... I just got this one in Colorado.... This is one of those coins thats looks very nice but I am not sure it would grade that high as far as numbers go... but if it made DMPL it would make it that much better...