• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin inventory app or software

8 posts in this topic

Can anyone recommend a good easy to use inexpensive excel or access based coin inventory app or program? I have looked at some and they are pricey, they do way more than what I want and they are web based. I don't want to know the current prices, I don/t whant coin history. I just want to record my purchases in a data base with a few pictures and the general information Country, Date, Mint. TPG. grade, variety purchase price and date from whom. Then I want to be able to sort them in any way I see fit and print reports. Thats it. Nothing fancy or synced or linked or updated.

Any suggestions?

I use coin manage software by liberty street. it can also record sales, produce lists of "needed to complete" and allows input of grades. It has the ability to allow direct entry of PCGS slabbed coins that auto populates the coins info into the inventory

I developed my own access data base from a MSFT template.......It works great and I can sort it way easier than I would be able to in Excel. If you go with excel you would have to know how to create pivot tables to have the same sorting flexibility as you have in access.

Access is overkill for a hobbyist. I could see it for a business.

Excel is simple for anyone to use. Please tell me something a hobbyist would need to do that Excel can't do.

BTW, I am retired computer programmer.