• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A knock your socks off toned Kennedy Half!

11 posts in this topic

I'm not wanting to boast or anything,but this one is pretty hot devil.gif

758999-t-3.JPG

759007-t-3.25.JPG

759012-t-3.5.JPG

759015-t-3.75.JPG

Unfortunately I'm no coin photography expert tonofbricks.gif,sorry for the blur.

-Hayden

Photographer or not.................Awesome! thumbsup2.gif

Chris

hayden...is that coin AT???? I can't see it real well, but I am always a little skeptical of weird color patterns on Kennedies......not stating it's AT, just asking for your opinin since I can't make out the colors on the obverse thumbsup2.gif

I think it's an attractive coin. From the pictures, I'd say it appears questionable to me. But in person it could look very different.

hayden...is that coin AT???? I can't see it real well, but I am always a little skeptical of weird color patterns on Kennedies......not stating it's AT, just asking for your opinin since I can't make out the colors on the obverse thumbsup2.gif

I'm not overly sure on this coin,but here are some better pics:

759470-v-1.JPG

759490-v-2.JPG

759504-v-4.JPG

759508-v-3.JPG

BTW KC even though it's hard to tell in the pics I do have clean nails bumpit.gif

-Hayden

I think that coin is 100% naturally toned. Interestingly, I have a 1972 with similar, though not so vibrant toning, and it came from an album (Whitman) that also had a 1973-D which was virtually an identical twin to Hayden's coin. That coin sold very quickly, but I still have the 1972.

James

I'm not overly sure on this coin,but here are some better pics:

BTW KC even though it's hard to tell in the pics I do have clean nails bumpit.gif

-Hayden

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Your killing me man...your killing me 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I'm sorry, but your coin looks AT to me all day long.

I also realize James has stated that he has seen this type of toning in his albums on clad coins, which I have not, but there is something important in what James has written, but not accented. That is, he is looking at the toning in these albums on clad coinage and you are showing a 90% silver example. These tone very differently, in general, and I think your is not real at all.

Hi Tom. I actually considered emphasizing that fact, but it was less the colors on the coin, and more the pattern of toning that looks real to me.... That said, I have very, very seldom seen any Kennedies with toning that attractive, so who knows? confused-smiley-013.gif

James

Hayden just looks for toned finger nails devil.gif

I do have to agree that the reverse toning look AT to me.....that would be a coin I would love to see submitted to prove me wrong so to speak as I like the colors on it thumbsup2.gif