• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1924 PCGS ms64+ Saint Gaudens with pics ... Pending

7 posts in this topic

Nice looking coin. CAC generally will approve gold coins with spots if they are natural and don't detract much from the eye appeal. They will often make strong offers too. Rarcoa is bidding these around $1400 last I checked.

. $1,435 shipped basic 1st class or priority . Add just $7 for signature confirmation and full insurance

If a buyer doesn't choose the "Add just $7 for signature confirmation and full insurance" option and you ship 1'st class or priority without insurance and the package is lost, you're the one who will suffer the loss.

"FOB origin"

Thus I ship free & Buyer risks loss or damage; or Buyer can cover the insurance cost as stated.

Happens all the time on several other boards I buy and sell on.

Several buyers, including the buyer of this coin actually, don't want to sign for it. In this case they are rural and it is a big pain if they aren't home when shipper comes.

Most of the other boards have a good feedback system though so you are more likely to know who is legit and who may not be.

Me? I'd pay the insurance if it's only $7.

"FOB origin"

Thus I ship free & Buyer risks loss or damage; or Buyer can cover the insurance cost as stated.

Happens all the time on several other boards I buy and sell on.

Several buyers, including the buyer of this coin actually, don't want to sign for it. In this case they are rural and it is a big pain if they aren't home when shipper comes.

Most of the other boards have a good feedback system though so you are more likely to know who is legit and who may not be.

Me? I'd pay the insurance if it's only $7.

I would never make a shipment without insurance.

How is the buyer paying you? Paypal? If so, can you prove the buyer received the package? Paypal will side with the buyer unless you have a signature.

If paid by check/MO then I guess the buyer would be stuck if you refused to refund him?

With that said...

I've been involved with a shipment made to me that I never received and the PO carrier swears he delivered it. I only asked 1 question: Delivered the package to whom? He couldn't answer since no one signed for it. The tracking showed it was delivered.

Do you really need the hassle if the transaction doesn't go smoothly? All for $7?