• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1955 Proof Set (with box)

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

Just got this in - I have a 1955 Proof Set (box) with the original cello and cardboard box. It's missing the staple that held all the coins together, as well as the paper that they were wrapped in. From taking a look at them in hand, looks like the cent is a minor DDR (doubling on E PLURIBUS UNUM) and the quarter is definitely a DDR (doubling on last A of AMERICA, eagle's tail feathers, both branch tips, and leaves.) Half dollar could use a good dip (I'll let you do that) but is not covered in hairlines. Don't think the obverse would go cameo, but the reverse might after the dip (hard to tell, looks like it was stored with the half on the bottom in contact with the cello.)

I'm showing gray sheet bid/ask at $82/$92 for the box version. Asking $90 shipped with tracking. Payment via PayPal or USPS Money Order.

Don't have it imaged yet (literally just got it home) - but if you are serious about buying it and need photos, I can take some for you.

Thank you!