• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charels V - Real d'or - #2

8 posts in this topic

When I first saw this coin a bit over a week ago I was torn on whether to buy it or not. I went back and forth and forth and back. But finally I decided - if one is good - then two must be better 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now the last time I wrote a rather lengthy post to go with the coin - JJ chimed in with another lengthy post of his own. Everybody else was speechless apparently confused-smiley-013.gif

So this time - just the pics. This one is the Brabant issue -

751901-1546-56Brabantreald%5C%27orobv.JPG

751901-1546-56Brabantreald%5C%27orrev.JPG

589a8e145e44d_751901-1546-56Brabantrealdorrev.JPG.4ab9f81c2681f24299f6ab18c2def628.JPG

Now the last time I wrote a rather lengthy post to go with the coin - JJ chimed in with another lengthy post of his own. Everybody else was speechless apparently confused-smiley-013.gif

This is correct.

A superb piece - well, two pieces! smile.gif And a fantastic initial write-up and response.

I like this picture much better. Superb details in the coins and a wonderful story to go with it. Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Hoot

Very nice indeed. It would make a great Numismaquest raffe coin. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

He found his voice 893whatthe.gif

A raffle coin ?? 893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Everybody else was speechless apparently

I enjoy seeing and reading about the older coins. I just don't know that much about them and can't add more than an, Oooh... Purty! and you already knew that. wink.gif

Just as a matter of curiosity - the other day Hoot made a comment in the US Forum something to the effect that he couldn't afford to collect coins like this.

But just a quick check of the closed auctions on ebay for Buffalo nickels showed you have to go through more than the 60 highest realized prices before you get down to what this coin cost.

And I overpaid for it 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll sneak in now with my "great coin" so as not to scare everyone elso off. Wasn't Brabant Charles' home town?

-JamminJ