• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp from Baltimore. Toned proof IHC

13 posts in this topic

I made the 12 hour 800 mile round trip on Saturday. My focus was on matte proof Lincolns and toned proof IHC's. I only bought one coin and this is. The obverse looks much worse in the photo. The areas that are not light blue are gold and pink. The reverse is simply amazing. The colors are quite accurate but I lose a lot of the luster from the glare on the slab. PCGS PR66 BN. lol

1882IHCcombo.jpg

superb cloud9.gif

these wildly colored brown coins are getting much better scarcer and also rarer and more desirable than the red coins and with an added plus of this coin being a superb gem to boot 893applaud-thumb.gif

Looks nice. That is a huge picture. You made a long drive for just 1 coin. Did you just drive there, attend the show, and drive back all in the same day?

It was a 1 hour drive for me to the show. I bought nothing, but sold 1. I also did the PCGS grading contest at 11:30. You might have seen me there.

Hi Curt,

I think I did see you there. I took the PCGS grading contest at 2pm, but after seeing your picture in a thread across the street, I realize I did see you sitting in the corner wink.gif

Yup, I did the whole trip in one day. Left my house at 5am got to the show just before 11, left the show at 4 and got home just before 11. Needless to say it was a long day. We will have to compare grades when they are posted. Not sure how well I did since I am not really a gold collector and it seems 1/2 the test was $20 Libs and Saints.

I was hoping to sell and buy more but most of the bigger dealers were gone before I could show my stuff around. frustrated.gif

I've done that type of trip to Baltimore many times myself. It's a long day. As for the grade on the slab, it's the look that counts! thumbsup2.gif

the highest degree and magnitude of superb eye appeal along with superlative technical grade

a cloud9.gifmonster cloud9.gif killer coin thumbsup2.gif

i would love to see it in person sight seen hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

superb full strike with a fantastic vibrant toning

which in and of itself makes this an extremely special extremely uncommon coin among the many super toned proof indians

the ultimate key is vibrant colors along with not only flash but blast too

That coin is simply stunning!!!! You just gota love the colors. A great find and well worth the drive. thumbsup2.gif

i got to go now and get off this computer and lay down this coin is giving me the vapors

Took the kinks right out your old tail there Michael? 893applaud-thumb.gif