• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got banned- I was wrong as I can now log in.

67 posts in this topic

^

+1

I haven't joined the PCGS board, but I did once check it out... I remember people writing off NGC like it's SEGS. It also seems way more dead than this one here.

Is it less well known, less sophisticated, or did they ban literally most of their users?

None of the above.

mark

I enjoy both the PCGS and NGC coin forums just like I own coins in both of these slab brands. It doesn't have to be an either/or situation. Both sites have knowledgeable coin collectors that I can learn from and hopefully others can learn from some of my posts.

I haven't joined the PCGS board, but I did once check it out... I remember people writing off NGC like it's SEGS. It also seems way more dead than this one here.

Is it less well known, less sophisticated, or did they ban literally most of their users?

There are folks whom some dealers refer to as "PCGS weenies." They are so tied to the brand name and so convinced that anything that is not in a PCGS holder must be over graded or have something wrong with it, that they can't see over the PCGS ramparts.

Some of them consider me to be an odd character over there. I've read comments like, "Jones will buy an NGC coin now and then and sometimes he even finds a nice one, but I won't take that chance." It's just the way they think. If they get an advanced case of the "weenie disease," they won't touch anything that doesn't have the PCGS - CAC endorsement.

Some of them consider me to be an odd character over there. I've read comments like, "Jones will buy an NGC coin now and then and sometimes he even finds a nice one, but I won't take that chance." It's just the way they think. If they get an advanced case of the "weenie disease," they won't touch anything that doesn't have the PCGS - CAC endorsement.

hm... I guess I'd take that as a complement :grin:

I saw one woman at long beach with maybe 300 PCGS/CAC Morgans. They looked so uniform it was scary.

I left PCGS forum because of too many negative things said about a post I made, so there you are. I had PCGS shut my information down and won't be back.

Somethings are better left un-said!!

A person can buy at Sams Club, or a person can buy at Costco, or a person can buy at Bills warehouse, or.....a person can buy at all of them depending on the product, the offerings, the price and/or the service. They don't bash each other...they just try to get better so you prefer to shop more at their store than the other store.

I am a little prejudiced, though, because I personally think Costco has the better foor sampling on Sat. mornings. By the time you make the rounds, there is no need for breakfast. :acclaim:

It should be the same with the TPGs, and the 4PGs, and the Collectors and the dealers, and the writers.

I don't remember ever visiting a Sams or Costco or Bills and hear a member say "...don't shop here, they are snarky..".