• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp from Long Beach......unbelievable!!!!!!

13 posts in this topic

Let's just say that if the picture in the Heritage Auction actually resembled this coin.......I would have had no shot at the coin in the bidding war. Fortunately for me..........Heritage images....well you've heard it all before. I think the pictures don't do this coin justice...which means it looks even better in hand....this coin had to be so close to PL....the grader must have lost sleep not designating it......the color is absolutely liquid on the surface BeatingHeart.gif

DSCN0412.JPG

DSCN0392a.jpg

DSCN0398.JPG

DSCN0401.JPG

DSCN0409.JPG

DSCN0413.JPG

I think I'll keep this one for a while yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Nice colors. Looks like it was hard to photograph. I don't see a PL surface, but semi PL's are usual for the 1881-S. The colors this coin has are not smile.gif Which Herritage auction did it come from?

That's a nice coin, and the Heritage picture definitely cost the consignor some money at auction. I would assume that the floor bidders drove this up to the level it sold for.