• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A matter of curiosity.

36 posts in this topic

"Just curious, did you send the others in? If so how did they do?"

No, the '54s, as of yet, have not been graded. They will be sent in under a different grading tier, when I have acquired enough additional candidates to justify doing so.

The high grades don't change the answers. No one argued from the standpoint that the coins weren't going to grade high. But rather is a $100 coin worth the $50 grading fee?

Im confused. Are 1955+ coins considered modern and are only $15 ?

That is correct, moderns are 1955 to present and $15 per coin. Even less for elite members as they get 10% off.

I would love to hear some of the earlier posters reply to this and say "guess I was wrong".

Looks like you did very well.

I would love to hear some of the earlier posters reply to this and say "guess I was wrong".

Looks like you did very well.

+1

Some posters were "over the top" adamant about the worthiness of these coins. Time for some crow to be eaten.

All they will say is based on the pictures provided they stand by their comments, and will say NGC had the luxury of seeing them in hand. "I was wrong" isn't somethimg the majority of the posters in this thread say often, if ever. Congrats on the grades. Just curious, did you send the others in? If so how did they do?

I was wrong. I'm happy for the OP that his coins graded as high as they did.

However, all I had to go on in the initial post were the pictures posted. Those pictures are extremely unflattering, apparently, and led people to severely undergrade the coins. Based on the initial pictures, I stand by my initial grades. If the pictures had been better, the guesses would have been different. When I'm wrong, I'll say I'm wrong.