• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auburn Ma. show report

3 posts in this topic

This was a busy show. I arrived at early bird opening (8:30, which is late and rather odd for the shows in this area) and got right to work. I was able to find a very nice mix of circulated Barbers, SLQ's, seated and bust coins right off the bat. I hunted these out from an older dealer who had the books sitting behind him. If you don't ask, you don't get to see. Another dealer had just purchased a small collection and good timing on my part allowed me to find a few more decent coins.

I continued around the room and found plenty of this and that throughout the day. Dealers seemed eager to sell. Maybe to raise cash for Baltimore, or with a sense that by next month things might slow down. Not sure but negotiating seemed extra easy today. Maybe I just lucked out. A possibility.

Paper money seemed to be floating around more than I normally see. Just something I noticed.

I only brought a few coins to sell. Sold all but one slab and plenty of raw stuff found new homes.

The show wasn't as busy as last month, and definitely not as busy as Nashua, but it was brisk out there.

I touched base with Roadrunner on the way out, and called it an early day.

Didn't run into any of the usual suspect board members out on the floor. Touched base with one via phone on the way in, and he was needing coffee more than coins today.

Hitting the road tomorrow, and with any luck will be fully loaded for the Bay State show in Boston in 2 weeks.

One other thing I should mention was that the older dealer who had the sets I was able to go through was monotonously slow and I figure 90% of the buyers out there wouldn't be able handle this guy. No prices. Had to look at each coin with his loupe before then looking at his Greysheet. I purchased approx. 50 coins this way. It was almost painful.