• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All this talk about 58 vs 62. I dont get the interchangeablity. Please help

34 posts in this topic

If anyone cares to take a look, la piece de resistance, AU58 IHC is listed on the Eagle Eye Rare Coin site. It is a 1908-S, AU-58 that is the living definition of why people pay MS+ money for AU-58 coins

AU58-MS62 discussions are always frustrating, gradings services opinions change over time and are not consistent. An honest adjectival description can help with assessment of a coin for those who cannot attend all shows and auctions. Sheridan Downey is the best at accurately describing AU-MS bust halves, his descriptions overpower the number on the plastic, and the prices realized will match his descriptions. MB30 ends tomorrow,

Sheridan Downey MB30 link his auction catalog makes for some very interesting reading with many coins in the AU-MS range. We need more dealers like Sheridan.

Bill

Hello Nysoto!

Great to hear from you. I really enjoyed the time that alot of us boardmembers got together in Oct. 2003 in Washington state. Hope all is well and I'm still very impessed with the early Bust halfs that you brought to the meeting. Take care.