• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bust Half Educational Post-Props to Hoot and James

38 posts in this topic

Ok, since I stumped Hoot on the last one acclaim.gif

893whatthe.gif 1806 = O-116 yay.gif I was just being nice to Tom. poke2.gif

acclaim.gif

Hoot

893whatthe.gif 1806 = O-116 yay.gif

confused.gif (is there a site on the web that lists all the Overton numbers?)

Well, I had been hoping that more folks would participate since there seemed to be some interest in Bust halves, but then it was mighty quiet as for as attributions went. So, I figured that this might not have been the type of thing that lots of folks considered fun.

You, on the other hand... juggle.gifjuggle.gifjuggle.gif

Tom , don't sell yourself short! It's a great start to a great idea. As for me, all of you are way out of my league, but I have to look on the bright side........

There isn't an institution in this country that will charge only $99 a year and give you an education like this!

thumbsup2.gifTO ALL!

Chris

Hoot, do you really think the 1806 is an O.116? I ask, aside from the obvious reason that I don't agree with you 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif, because the O.116 has a stem through claw reverse and spiny has already told us that this has no stem. Anyway, I came up with an O.109a for the coin, which puts it as an R4. Now that we can see the entire coin, do you agree? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Note to self: Be careful how many times I don't agree with Hoot. After all, he likes to Bison-Swat! insane.gif

I wish all Bust halves were as user-friendly as your, spiny! Again, I won't write what your 1811 is, but I do think that what you are referring to as scratches on the obverse may in fact be graffiti. If so, that is way more cool, in my opinion, than anonymous scratches. thumbsup2.gif

I've attached your 1811 obverse, rotated it 90 degrees clockwise and inverted the image. It looks as though someone was roughing out letters in the field. I have an 8R like this, too.

746080-181150co.jpg

746080-181150co.jpg.875077df801510e7e21435a7ed567041.jpg

Tom,

I love these threads. I learn best from hands on experience. Unfortunately I didnt see this thread until it was too late..

Here is my contribution to the thread.

180650cngc55combo.jpg

Good eyes, Tom! I never noticed that. That is kind of neat, at least better than random scratches.

Hoot, do you really think the 1806 is an O.116? I ask, aside from the obvious reason that I don't agree with you 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif, because the O.116 has a stem through claw reverse and spiny has already told us that this has no stem. Anyway, I came up with an O.109a for the coin, which puts it as an R4. Now that we can see the entire coin, do you agree? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Note to self: Be careful how many times I don't agree with Hoot. After all, he likes to Bison-Swat! insane.gif

God, I love being wrong sometimes! acclaim.gif

Look out Tom - got a big SWAT for yas! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hoot