• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pictures

7 posts in this topic

You can do this at least two ways.

The first is to place an attachment into the top of your post. As you type your post, beneath all those jumping and dancing faces and emoticons, there is a box that can be checked that states-

I want to preview my post and/or attach a file

If this is checked then your post will appear for you to proofread once you click on the "Continue" button. In that window there is another button below your post that says something like "Browse" or "Attach", I'm not exactly sure what it says. Anyway, click on that button and you can directly upload an image into an attachment as long as the image is below 150kb and the image is already on your computer. Once you submit the post, the image will now be listed as "Attachment" when folks read the post and they may click on it to see the coin.

You may notice that my post has that "Attachment" link in its header, the image is of an 1826 CBH I recently purchased.

An alternative way to embed an image in your post, if you do not have the image already hosted on your own web space, is to do exactly as I have already told you and then to copy down the URL of the image. So, once you click on "Attachment" and the image comes up you would simply highlight the URL in the address bar and copy it. Then, you can edit your post, or write another post, and you can embed the image by clicking on the "URL" link that is next to those ubiquitous, dancing emoticons. The "URL" link will ask for the address of the image and at this point paste the address in that you saved from before. Continue with the submission and your image will show up in your final post.

734053-CopyofI182635a.jpg

Hope that was clear. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

734053-CopyofI182635a.jpg.9cefe8a8aa475eec61d4c6cc81186ca4.jpg