• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

33 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I've been collecting off and on again for a number of years and collect type coins primarily. Right now I'm working on my 1834-1933 gold types and 20th century types. I also have been putting together a set of uncertified Peace dollars.

Those dancing bananas are way too cool ! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Liz

Hi, Liz!

Ditto, John! Ditto, James! Ditto, KC! Ditto, Bruce! Ditto, Bram! Ditto, OT3! Ditto, Mel! Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!

Ask questions and have fun.

Chris

Hi, Liz!

Ditto, John! Ditto, James! Ditto, KC! Ditto, Bruce! Ditto, Bram! Ditto, OT3! Ditto, Mel! Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!

Ask questions and have fun.

Chris

Ditto.

And welcome Calypso and Bramyam! yay.gifyay.gif

Hoot

Welcome to the boards!

Please share your collecting interests.

I collect prooflike Morgan dollars and special Morgan dollar Van Allen-Mallis (VAM) die varieties.

My son has a complete set of Kennedy halves (no proofs). Both of my daughters have a complete collection of Uncicrulated Silver Eagles. One has a complete set of Memorial Lincoln cents from circulation while the other has a complete set of Roosevelt dimes from 1965-present from circulation.

My wife puts up with all of us (though she admits some of our coins are very nice)!

welcome liz!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

and do not be afraid to ask anything on here many great friendly collectors on these boards

and i love your collecting of usa federal issue type coins and now the gold thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

great sleeper oopportunity coins with tremendous value and also fun to collect and get a neat set of all different coinage

cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gifcloud9.gifthumbsup2.gifcloud9.gifthumbsup2.gifcloud9.gifthumbsup2.gifcloud9.gif

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I've been collecting off and on again for a number of years and collect type coins primarily. Right now I'm working on my 1834-1933 gold types and 20th century types. I also have been putting together a set of uncertified Peace dollars.

Those dancing bananas are way too cool ! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Liz

Cool! yay.gif

Sounds like you'll fit right in and that you'll provide excellent input considering your collecting interests.

p.s. I like your Pan-Pac gold $1 reverse under your moniker. I've always liked that coin.

Well, bienvenidos! thumbsup2.gif

Hi Liz,

Welcome to the boards! hi.gif

Looked at your your gold type set, nice thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I really like your type III dollar, it's one of my favorite gold designs. You have gotten pretty far on the set with many really fine gold pieces, lookin good.

I see you already have added lots of photos and descriptions done too. Glad to see sets with photos and notes, so many are just the numbers, and what fun is that?

Well I guess I should go work on my photos...

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif....while the bananas dance on yay.gif

Liz, I am putting together a set of Peace dollars as well, though admittedly, for a client. My set will, by request, be 100% blast-white coins, with a preference given to surface quality first, and strike quality second. My most recent purchase was a 1925-S which, though BU, had PVC contamination. But after conservation, it turned out to be a very nice coin.

Sounds like you're an experienced collector, as you've selected some pretty advanced coins to focus on. Congratulations, and by all means, post frequently! I look forward to many ongoing conversations, and to learning from you.

James

Hey Liz, welcome!

I really enjoy Peace dollars but have limited knowledge about the full 1834-1933 gold types. I do like the Indian head gold coins, but the overall series for that 100 year span sounds like quite an ambition.

hi.gif

Beijim

I have just placed my completed uncirculated Peace Dollar, most of my gold type set and uncirculated Saint Gaudens sets on consignment with a dealer in order to sell them. I also have consigned several modern sets and misc. gold and silver coins in addition to these sets. I had spent many years of pleasure assembling these NGC Registry Sets and of owning these coins. Now they can belong to other collectors.

Good luck with your sets.

James,

Your client will be very happy, finding Peace dollars with problem free surfaces is daunting and can be a full time job! If they don't have something all over them they're full of marks. My most recent purchase was a 34D, still looking for that 27s!

Old Trader,

I remember looking at your sets last week, they were lovely. The Peace dollars had amazingly smooth fields. Will you be starting another collection?

Here she is, not the best photos but... wink.gif

729430-Peace34Dobv.jpeg.2841759363b53b449da0c1bcc5fedd1d.jpeg

Calypso: Thanks for the kudos on my Peace Dollars. I spent about (3) years putting this set of Peace Dollars together plus, it has been completed in the Registry for about (2) years. Additionally, it was the second MS full-set of Peace Dollars that I have assembled. Being retired, I am not going to take on any more ambitious projects like Peace Dollar, Half-Eagle and Saint sets.

My collecting ambitions now are for smaller, niche sets like full step War Nickels and expanding some of my existing Type Sets (i.e. Small Cents, Two/Three Cent, Nickels, Dimes). I also have been working on a few Mint Year Sets built from a foundation of coins from other sets.

These niche sets better fit my shorter term collecting horizons and retirement budget. Also allowing me to continue participation in this great hobby at a lesser intensity.

acclaim.gif

By the way: Nice 34-D, it has great looks and luster.

Hi everyone!!!

this is my very first posting, I have been reading quite a bit. Great information here!

I just can't figure out what "ttt" stand for? Please help newbie!

Tim

To The Top, Tiny Tim Tapper

grin.gif

Welcome to the boards! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hi everyone!!!

this is my very first posting, I have been reading quite a bit. Great information here!

I just can't figure out what "ttt" stand for? Please help newbie!

Tim

To The Top, Tiny Tim Tapper

grin.gif

Welcome to the boards! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I prefer to

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wink.gif