• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWP.......GOLD :)

3 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a bunch of Olympic Commemoratives in PCGS MS69 and PR69...as I have always like these coins and you can pick them up cheap. I decided that I am going to put a complete set of the Olympic Commems together including the gold.

Here is the first Olympic gold I have purchased so far:

a7_1_b.JPG

I know the picture it small, but that's what's posted on Ebay so...doh!

And just for good measure since I didn't own an NGC multicoin holder....I bought this set:

f1_1_b.JPG

Congrats - those appear to be a nice start toward achieving your ambition. I especially like the NGC multi-coin holders for presenting related commemorative coins together.

I know many folks find modern commemoratives uninspiring, and many deplore the superabundance of Olympic issues (especially those in the 1983/1984 and 1995/1996 releases), but I personally quite enjoy many of these designs. A few favorites are the 1988 Nike $5 Gold, the 1992 coins in all denominations, the 1995 Gymnastics $1, the 1995/1996 Half Dollars, and the 2002 Salt Lake City coins.

On the flip side, I dislike having to collect multiple examples of the 1983 and 1984 designs in both silver and gold, differing only in mint mark, solely to achieve a complete collection.

thumbsup2.gif

Beijim