• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC makes #2 sets so others can get on top? posted by namvette68

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I had the best set for years

NGC plays with sets to get others on top. All of a sudden a set or two is missing a description. I lost my complete #1 New Zealand set for the same reason. Politics in numismatics.

See more journals by namvette68

I do seem to lose pictures from time to time on my sets. I just upload them again when I get a chance. Not sure if I've lost coins from the database yet. So, I can't confirm losing any ranking.

It definitely was painful when all my PCGS graded Canadian coins went away. It did drive my buying preference a bit towards NGC, but I still try to buy the coin and not the holder.

It looks like someone else just came in with a better set. Congrats to the new #1. After all these years someone has finally given you a challenge to respond to. Good luck.

I have several #1 Canada sets that I try to maintain but I know that I will passed eventually in many cases, including a few already.

If you have issues with individual coin scoring, contact NGC. They generally respond to inquiries pretty quick. That may help close a gap on an overscore or underscore.

I had an issue a few years ago where descriptions were randomly disappearing from some of my Roosevelt dimes, but nowhere else. I just assumed it was a glitch in the NGC system. It has improved a lot since then.

It's a free service. Why would you complain?

I agree, I had an issue a long time ago, (no slot for coins they graded) and they fixed it quick.

Contact them. I bet NGC fixes or explains to your satisfaction....

Capt. Brian

I too have mysteriously lost pictures on several occasions but never had a coin completely removed....

When a coin is removed, is it replaced by a little sign that says "This item temporarily removed for further study"...?