• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No-Reserve eBay Auction Of Dad's Collection - Rank Amateur

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone. I'm very new to this, but my father was a fan of paper money and a lifelong collector until he passed away in December. I'm fairly sure he was a member here, because I'm getting his email now, and Collectors Society is well-represented, but I doubt that he ever posted to the boards. I'm hoping you'll be gentle with me in case I mess anything up, but I'm still learning a lot of the ins-and-outs to collecting.

Late in life, dad took great interest in foreign money, specifically polymers and hybrids. We've decided to keep that since he put so much time and energy into collecting notes from all over the world.

We split his U.S. collection into three parts and hired a representative to sell the high-value notes. I've been charged with selling this "second tier" of his collection, which consists of small size U.S. notes of all denominations from 1928 through some recent web press notes and "fancy" serial number notes. None of the 36 lots are spectacular, but most of them are in fantastic CH-CU condition. Dad was fanatical about condition. The nicest note in this batch is a 1966 $100 star note with a serial number of 00000401. There are also quite a few sequential runs of notes from 1934-1957. There are also some notes that I don't expect to go for much more than face value.

Link to auction

Like I said, it's not mind-blowing, but it may be a way to add some things you may have been looking for at a reasonable price. There are no reserves on any of the lots. They will *all* sell, and I will ship them all for free. Please take a look and let me know if there are any questions I can help with. Thanks very much.