• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRIVY MAPLES - New Issues and a Hard to Find Rarity posted by Augustus

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

PRIVY MAPLES - New Issues and a Hard to Find Rarity

Since my last post on Canadian Silver Privy Maples, I have uncovered a few new issues. This set is always fun and exciting to pursue, because the Royal Canadian Mint will work under contract to private companies to produce bullion with their requested privy mark.

Here are the latest Silver Privy Mark Maples, including one mega-rarity.

1. 2014 Horse with Chinese Character Double Privy (Mintage = 500)

The RCM produced these coins for the Bank of China, and they were sold exclusively by the Bank of China. The coins were included in the Bank of China's 'World Prestige Collection of Bullion Coins' set. 250 sets were produced, and another 250 coins in pliofilm Mint packaging were also produced. Struck in Proof finish. The prestige set also included: 1/10th oz gold double privy maple (Mintage = 250), 1/10th oz gold Australia Kanagaroo Chinese characters privy, and a 1 oz silver Australia Koala Chinese characters privy. With a mintage of 500, this is the rarest of all the silver privy maples!

2. 2015 E=MC2 Privy (Mintage = 50,000)

Produced by the RCM for the private company 'Bullion Exchanges Ltd', this coin has a limited mintage of max 50,000 coins. This coin marks the 100 year anniversary of the discovery of the general theory of relativity. Struck in Reverse Proof finish.

3. 2015 Fabulous 15 Privy (Mintage = ?)

Very difficult to acquire right now, this coin was sold exclusively in Europe and via the RCM's F15 subscription program. The coin incorporates the distinct F15 privy mark, along with the new radial lines security features. This attractive coin is the first privy mark maple to have the radial line design. Struck in Mint State finish.

I hope you enjoyed the info on these new issues! Picture appended.

16626.jpg

See more journals by Augustus

I'd prefer a good book and TP in the privy.

I do find that interesting.....How did they, or who arrived at calling or referencing those marks as "privy"

PRIVY:

adjective

Privy means something hidden.

An example of privy is not being aware of the reasons for a decision.

noun

The definition of a privy is a toilet.

An example of a privy is an outhouse.

So I guess they are using privy as an adjective....because I'm not privy to why they call it a privy (shrug)