• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Resolute Continental Currency Dollar Collection

7 posts in this topic

Wow!!! ^^

That is truly a very impressive collection you have put together and an excellent history lesson to accompany it.

I am certain that you have accomplished your goal. I have not seen so many beautiful examples of continentals all in one place.

This is definitely one the casual reader of these journals needs to go look at and read the narratives.

Outstanding!

Thank you for sharing such an intimate portrait of Americas first coinage. It is astounding that these are in such remarkable states of preservation.

It is very heartening to see that curation of such treasures is alive and well so future generations will be able to enjoy and hopefully gain insight into this countrys earliest days.

Again, thank you for the time and effort you expended in preserving these (in my mind) national treasures.

Doug

Thank you for your reply and kind comments. It was a joy to be able to accomplish this goal, particularly while becoming acquainted with some wonderful people. I have just returned to my boyhood hobby this past year that I left at 12, some 54 years ago. I feel like 12 again.

I strongly felt these beautiful reflections of the early formation of our country should be shared since they had been not been seen in many many years. We should all give thanks to those who came before us who took the time and effort to preserve them. I am but one in a long line. I've also sent a note of sincere thanks to Mr. Eric Newman for his research in this area. Without it, achieving my goal would have been made many more times difficult.

Rob