• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Las Vegas Morphy auction scene

36 posts in this topic

I may be showing my ignorance or my age, but... what does "going full chemist" on someone mean?

Andy loves to go into detail about the toning process

Yep and a history lesson and a spot quiz. Dave, you've met Tracy. Her head is still spinning

Mark

Oh -- I've met Tracy, MJ.

You da Man!!

Ahhh ... All I can say that I'm glad I never got hooked on toned dollars.

All you need is a some colorful oxidation, and coin that would normally be worth $60 to now worth anywhere from one to several thousand.

I never did either but I can see why collectors do. The better Morgan collectors have done very well in this arena and their knowledge and savvy don't do unnoticed by me.

Mark

Well, I got blown out on a few of these (e.g. Lot 188), was the lucky winner on two and the under bidder on a few more. Great results for Legend and David Hall!

Lot 172 went for less than the estimate. I gave it a couple of shots but Dimefreak, you had me worried about that fang mark on the cheek!

Also, can anyone who was there explain to me how amazing Lot 175 must look in person? $12K???

Well, I got blown out on a few of these (e.g. Lot 188), was the lucky winner on two and the under bidder on a few more. Great results for Legend and David Hall!

Lot 172 went for less than the estimate. I gave it a couple of shots but Dimefreak, you had me worried about that fang mark on the cheek!

Also, can anyone who was there explain to me how amazing Lot 175 must look in person? $12K???

David which did you win? Lot 175 Black Spectrum with bowl luster....enough said

PM sent.

Is AB the person's initials or are you referring to the Aurora Borealis collection? I have wondered who owns those coins. I would love to have the opportunity to bid on a few of them!

AB stand for Aurora Borealis! I call him by his first name usually but it seems most know him by AB. He won't sell you a darn thing lol! He post on the forum ATS so feel free to try but I and many others before me have tried as well!