• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

possible tampered NGC case?

3 posts in this topic

I just purchased 3 2005 NGC cert MS69's Silver Eagles from a reputable dealer on Ebay, ( they have over 4000 positive feedbacks ) My question is this,

This are the first Certified coins I have ever owned, and I am bothered by the look of the seems on the top of all of them, They appear to have been "re-glued?"

Do the cases have this appearance typically? I am not accusing anyone of wrong doing, but It almost looks like they where pried open and reglued....

Thanx in advance

Joe

Hi Joe,

It sounds like you are seeing where the coin was sonically sealed. You can check to be sure the holder is sealed by grabbing one corner of the holder (top right and bottom left, for example) with each hand and gently twisting, or by attempting to pull each side of the holder away from each other with your hands. If you are still concerned that anything has been tampered with, we will check them out for you if you would like to send them in. To be honest, I don't think the value of a 2005 MS69 Eagle would be worth doing this to, not to say that it couldn't happen, that is just a personal opinion.

Thanks,