• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I made 4 bucks yesterday! Rainbow-toned Morgans, that is! What a haul!

7 posts in this topic

Yesterday was a good day smile.gif. Apart from midterms ending, (making me a SECOND SEMESTER SENIOR laugh.gif), I got some mail! insufficiently_thoughtful_person I was, when the mail truck was 9 houses away, I left for the P.O. There, I picked up package number one... the two PCGS dollars. I'd been waiting for them, and WOO HOO! What colors! smile.gif I love the 1887. Of course, when I got back home, there was the "Sorry we missed you" slip for the other package. With nothing better to do, I figured why not go back to the P.O.? I got there when my mailman got there (my house is the end of the line), and picked up the two NGC dollars. I'm happy laugh.gif

1879 NGC MS63--fantastic lustre smile.gif

ngc1785926-007_obv_sm.jpg

ngc1785926-007_rev_lustre_sm.jpg

ngc1785926-007_rev_tone_sm.jpg

1887 NGC MS62--someone put a gouge in Miss Liberty's cheek frown.gif Oh, well. Holdered reverse-out. The color's a little better shown in the second reverse picture.

ngc1785926-006_obv_sm.jpg

ngc1785926-006_rev_lustre_sm.jpg

ngc1785926-006_rev_tone_sm.jpg

1883-O PCGS MS64... my first mislabeled slab... called 1883. Oh, well... can't say I care smile.gif

pcgs3465273_obv_lustre_sm.jpg

pcgs3465273_obv_tone_sm.jpg

pcgs3465273_rev_sm.jpg

1887 PCGS MS64... the money coin! This is absolutely my favorite of the bunch. Exceptional lustre beneath the toning, and on the reverse... beautiful color, as well smile.gif A steal! Plus, the tops of the letters on the reverse are connected with light die breaks--must have been near the end of this die's life. Also, there is a clash of the back of Miss Liberty's head just inside the wreath to the right of the eagle's right wing (didn't show up too well in the picture). Neato! I needed to take a few pictures to be sure everything was seen... I'm getting some more lights soon, so this is soon to be no longer necessary smile.gif

pcgs1396355_obv_lustre_sm.jpg

pcgs1396355_obv_tone_sm.jpg

pcgs1396355_obv_tone1_sm.jpg

pcgs1396355_obv_tone2_sm.jpg

pcgs1396355_rev_sm.jpg

The only problem with this coin is a little haze at the bottom left of the reverse. It's in a green-label holder... anyone think it could hit 65?

Jeremy smile.gif

Great colors! I also like the 1887 best - just looks like it beams! thumbsup2.gif

Hoot

Oh, it does beam laugh.gif I'm glad I've got plenty of lights on my desk... I keep turning them on, and picking up this one smile.gif

I might NCS the reverse... it could very well upgrade. I might wait for the summer, though.

Jeremy

I've never been a huge fan of toning but you've got some nice colors on those bad-boys! Good pics too - I'm still experimenting with my pic taking, eventually I'll get the right combo of lights/settings etc. A side note about NCS...Do some more reading about it before you send anything in. I've read some good and bad things about it.

-Charlie