• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 1964 Proof Kennedy Half "Accented Hair" Varieties

1 post in this topic

Good morning everyone!

I'd like to offer three recent variety pickups for sale (or trades for junk silver considered.) All three are 1964 Proof Kennedy Half "Accented Hair" varieties. All were removed from the original proof set cellophane by myself, photographed, and placed in 2x2 - NONE were cleaned in any way. This statement will become important later...as will that all three were photographed on the same day with the same lighting setup. (Often you can make non-Cameo coins look Cameo with lighting - but I try to make the coins look like they do in hand, not improve their appearance so they'll bring more money.)

#1 ($100):

1964ProofAccentedHairKennedyHalf1I_zps70190df6.jpg

Cameo contrasts, doubling on IN GOD WE TRUST, designer's initials, date, and certain letters of LIBERTY (L, I, and Y, much stronger on Y.) That's the good. The bad? Straight out of the OGP, this coin exhibits numerous hairlines. I was very excited when the cello was intact, thinking it would be a CAM or DCAM possibility...and then the coin's surfaces hit the light. Still a better than average Accented Hair and DDO, though.

#2 ($80):

1964ProofAccentedHairKennedyHalf2I_zps4b0b962b.jpg

No Cameo, but similar doubling to #1. Also, unfortunately, the same hairlines as well. (All three were purchased at the same location, so I suppose it's possible they all came from the mint at the same time.)

#3 ($70):

1964ProofAccentedHairKennedyHalf3I_zpsfa172e1f.jpg

No Cameo, no doubling, but same hairlines as the first two.

Checking eBay completed auctions (Sold only) I am seeing that raw Accented Hairs usually sell for $70 each and up (they sell for less if the seller is unlucky enough to put the BIN price at, say, $27.50 for example...) But this is the general price they're going for. I figure #1 is the best, #3 is the worst, all would go for $70...so I'll sell ALL THREE for $200 shipped. I've also priced them individually. Price includes shipping, and if you'd like the images along with the coin I will include that as well. I also have the double-sided image of each coin without the I from LIBERTY (I put that in the photos for eBay, where super-small images can't be posted.)

So, to summarize:

All three for $200.

#1 ($100)

#2 ($80)

#3 ($70)

Thanks everyone!