• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Koala Quest posted by silver1320

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I fell for the Koala's

I began to collect Koalas in 2013. I soon set a goal to collect the perfect set. As I searched and found them one at a time it came down to a few that where very hard to find in a 70 grade. The 2008 gilded koala was the hardest. First I had to buy ungraded ones, which were hard to find in themselves, and then I had to have them graded. It finally happened a week before registry awards deadline.

The one koala that I did manage to find became the most elusive of all though. The 2013 "Chinese Privy" Koala. There a very few of them. I have found a few and am very happy at that.

In the end to achieve my goal of all 70 graded koalas is not over but I believe it may never happen at all.

I am very happy to have won the category for which I have tried to reach over the last two years.

16288.jpg

See more journals by silver1320

Good luck with your quest to complete the Koala set, I know as with the Kooks there are many versions of each! You have and extensive collection of silver coins and I see many I'd love to have in my collection.

Give my set a view, there may be some coins you'd appreciate as well:

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/wcm/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=14077