• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A difficult year posted by jayh749

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I had to become more discerning, as a collector.

Hi there! Fellow collectors.

What a year, for me. Let's see. Where to begin..

Collecting wise. I had to cut back last year, becoming a more descerning collector. I took a bad fall at work, which almost ended my time on this earthly plain. I fell 12 ft. Onto my head. They worked on me for 4 hours in emergency. I was cut from nose to ear. Went blind for a bit. Concussion, and Heart was having a few issues, but the final result ? A severely broken left arm, and a right arm that just fall out of its socket. Up to 10x a day. Well, I'm getting better. Almost normal now. It did affect my living standard and dollar sign. So i only bought a few coins throughout the year. They had to be top coins at a great price though. On a high note. I sold a gold coin, that i bought in 2006 for $415.00 cdn. I sent it to its new home in Russia for a price of $2880.00 u.s. A nice tidy little profit.

Hopefully, this year is a great year for all you collectors out there, as i hope my year is better than last. Happy new year to all, and good luck on the awards this year.

See more journals by jayh749

Wow....It's good to hear you are healing! Take it easy...I know how it is to be injured and sometimes we try to do more than we should. Good to hear you are still collecting and I hope all of your coins return profits like the Russian deal!!

Bud