• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for bust dimes

11 posts in this topic

I think Bust dimes (and especially their varieties) have gotten increasingly popular over the past decade or so.

I've never thought of them as being readily available, and now I think they're even less available.

A lot of no problem 19th century U.S. coins have become hard to find. The reasons are that the surviving population of these coins is not as high as it once seemed to be, and more variety collectors are taking multiple examples of the same date off the market in increasing numbers. This happened with large cents and half cents years ago, and it is now becoming a fact for older silver coins as well.

Yeah....I'm not seeing much continuity in pricing (except the outrageous dealers) or availability....I have too many back problems to wander a bourse bent over cases for items that don't exist....so internet is a large part of it....lemme know if anyone has offerings !! Thanks !!

I think heritage is the best place to get nice bust dimes. Honestly EBay is to hit or miss on these particular items. Rich Uhrich keeps a nice selection but I'm not fond of his way of pricing.

I've been checking Rich's site for a while....yeah his pricing is nuts!....don't think I can trust that kind of biz.....

Premium pricing? yes.

Premium coins? yes. unless otherwise described. Rich is one of those few sellers who will actually call a dog a dog.

Premium company to do business with? ABSOLUTELY

I've been checking Rich's site for a while....yeah his pricing is nuts!....don't think I can trust that kind of biz.....

Premium pricing? yes.

Premium coins? yes. unless otherwise described. Rich is one of those few sellers who will actually call a dog a dog.

Premium company to do business with? ABSOLUTELY

I wasn't bashing Rich at all. Its his right to sell how he wants. Fact is if you ask him for his best price he will shave an insane amount of money of the listed price. Thats the type of thing that I'm not a fan of. He isn't the first or only one to sell like that and its really just water under the bridge. Reminds me of when I met my wife and she worked at JCPenney. Every single item in that store was on sale. lol

Well , see , I don't that as a web surfer......I see a overpriced coin at say $900......a month later it's only $550.....seems like he's trying to get somebody.....and it's not gonna be me !!! When you see inflated prices I don't see a reason to make contact.....

Right I understand your stance completely. Which, is basically my point. I only know the tactic because I got the bust dime bible from him long ago and his price he quoted me was far from his website price. Again, I'm not bashing and feel this info might actually get him more business .