• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harassment from salesman posted by #

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I'm I the only one?

I love the registry; it's fun and a great way to organize my collection. But in the last several months I've started getting dealers and auction houses sending me PM's, emails through NGC contacts since they don't have my personal email or home address. I use Stacks & Bowers, Heritage, Legand and David Lawerance. I have no desire for all this unsolicited SPAM. I think using this society as a sales tool sucks and is very tacky. Even if they have a coin I'm interested in I will not buy it from a sleazy harassing dealer. Unless of coarse it's the 1879-O $20 that I've been looking for now for two years. I know what I want and where to get; I don't need to be spammed so someone can make a buck.

I do appreciate members giving me a heads up and find that very thoughtful. I have recently notified two members of the most awesome high end GSA's I've even seen coming up at Stacks on 10-31 but only because they've expressed interest. This soliciting has gotten so bad that I'm seriously considering obscuring my sets. I can't block emails because MANY here have been a great deal of help through the emails they send. This harassment or sales tool as they think of it is becoming a weekly thing and spooning me off! And yes I've sent emails requesting to be left alone but a few have just ignored me and continue with these broad casting emails. I've even started getting catalogs from one that I've never done business with; so if you're one of these annoying people reading this realize I will never buy from you; I'd rather buy a vacuum cleaner from a door to door salesman than you pain in the !

See more journals by #

I have not been posting for some while now but, have been reading them almost on a daily basis.

I for one, may be due to being a low-end collector, have not received any unwanted solicitation from this site. I do, however, receive phone calls from two of those TV show sellers. Only because I purchased a few coins in the earliest beginners stage of my collecting. I have them on my Caller ID so, when they call I simply do not answer. I am just too lazy to tell them to stop calling.

I hope you find a solution to your dilemma and find THAT coin you are hoping to have in your collection.

Best wishes,

Jack

I have them on my Caller ID so, when they call I simply do not answer. I am just too lazy to tell them to stop calling.

that works best for me as well. i do have my phone on the national do not call list as well. ill ask them to stop calling and if not i turn their number to the government. maybe some how a few fines will get the message across. best of everything for now

I've been a member for 8 years and never received a single e-mail or contact from a dealer that got it from NGC. I have received the occasional message from other collectors that are selling off some of their collection or are interested in a trade, but I appreciate the heads up of an opportunity to improve my collection.

I rarely get unsolicited emails from coin dealers. But, in general, I know what you're saying. I feel extremely over-solicited every single day by everything. I am truly sick of the sales pitch...so much to the point that I will go out of my way (even spend a little more money) to buy things from sellers who don't solicit me. I mean, I'm not a child and I'm not an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. If I need or want something, I'll go looking for it myself or ask.

Wait? WHAT? "insufficiently_thoughtful_person" I didn't write that! What's wrong with the word... I d i o t ?