• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE EAGLE HAS TAKEN FLIGHT posted by mapoka

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Finally an upgrade!

Earlier I had some problems when I posted an entry. This is only my 2nd Journal Entry so it's a learning thing.

I made an upgrade recently and I thought I would share it with youall as I said I would do on my first post.

Making an upgrade of ASEs from 1988-2001(NGC only) MS69 to a MS70 took a bit of money hoarding and waiting until the right one came up.

About a week ago I could only bid a certain amount on a 1988 on EBay and lost that one. The ones that are out there now are starting around $5500 and up (remember the dates in the beginning of this paragraph). EBay has a few listed, on Heritage there are two 1992 MS70s listed in November, none at GreatCollections and a few in MS69 on NGC Auction Central. So I made a call to my coin dealer in NY to see what he might have. Told me he would get back with me and the next day he called and said is all he can come up with in gem condition is a 1995 NGC MS70 . He knows I wont buy one if it has one scratch on the slab and the coin must be Gem!

The price was right so I said send it.

It took awhile and with the help from Gary (gherrmann44) I was able to show my coins in the format that this one is. My old 5MP camera does not do the coins any justice. I believe if my collections where circulated older coinage I would have upgraded my camera along time ago but for my ASEs this one should do. But you never know.

I am going to upload my picture two ways to see if it shows up in this entry and in any replies. One from Photobucket and one from the Upload Image. I notice if I do the Upload Image on here, it shows here in the Journal but not in the replies. If any Collector out there knows the easy way to do this, feel free to enlighten me! I'm a good listener.

Thank you and keep collecting.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/mapoka1mapoka712/media/1995MS70.jpg.html'>a>

16020.jpg

See more journals by mapoka

Thanks! The Edit in the right corner is not there. I guess you can only use it once and that I did.

I posted that and then realized this was in the Journal Entries category, where the threads are generated with a bot, so that may be the reason. As far as the message board is concerned, you didn't post this, CSJournals posted it, thus owns it.