• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE EAGLE HAS TAKEN FLIGHT posted by mapoka

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Finally made an upgrade.

Lately I have been trying to find a 1988 MS70 thru 2001 MS70 and has been a chore. At the moment there are a few on EBay but are around $5500. OUCH!! And to find one at a reasonable price is almost impossible. Just in the last 6 months the sellers are asking ridiculous prices because there is just none out there!

A week ago there was a 1988 on EBay for sale but I could only bid to a certain amount which got knocked out in a second. None on Heritage or GreatCollections.

I called my coin dealer I use in NY and he said he will get back with me in a day or two. I got the call from him finally and he could only come up with a 1995 MS70 because of condition and no one is letting any go for now. As always, his price was reasonable and also he will only get a coin for me as gem so I told him send me it!

Now I have to start stashing again and it looks like the next upgrade might be some time late next year unless I get lucky.

My picture here of this coin (thanks to Gary) took awhile to learn in this form along with all my others in my Competitive Sets that I replaced. But my old 5mp camera does not do it any justice. I have tried many different settings and this is the best the camera can do. Some day I will upgrade the camera.

Thanks for your time.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/mapoka...75930a.jpg.html'>a>

See more journals by mapoka