• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Toned Roosevelt Dime....real purdy!!!

11 posts in this topic

Although I have been focusing more on Toned Morgan's I like pretty toners of all denominations. I had looked at this particular coin no less than 5 times over about 4-days and decided I could resist the temptation................

Boy was I wrong!!!!

1964Roosevelt.jpg

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

That's a great looking coin. I was getting ready to post pics of my new Rosie when I saw your post so I figured I'd add it in.

I don't know much about the series. I just picked it up on ebay the other day.

683335-1963obv.jpg

Ebay Auction

Do you think I paid too much? grin.gif

I guess you spent a bit more on yours because of the slab.

683335-1963obv.jpg.925532ff46637f6f47ab5bd8b0768922.jpg

Let's see you paid $1 buck.....yes I think it's worth a heck of a lot more than $1 dollar.....congrats!!!!!

Yes I spent more and I think the colors on mine are more vibrant, but again you paid $1 dollar so there isn't too much bad one could say about that deal thumbsup2.gif

There is no price guide for toning so pay what you feel you can live with.....if you can live with spending a whole dollar then more power too you 27_laughing.gif

I was just browsing ebay and came up on that dime. The pics weren't great but it happens to be my wifes birth year so I thought I might stretch for it a bit. The same seller also had a 1957, also in an old PCI holder, that happens to be my sisters birth year. I had to pay even more for the 1957 (a whole $1.25) and it's only graded PR64 and doesn't have much color. But the seller kindly combined shipping so I came out OK.

The obverse picture is a bit darker than the coin in hand. It's probably about what you see looking flat on to the coin with no direct reflection. The reverse is more accurate.

I think yours is more vibrant and probably more accurately graded, but since mine is my wifes birth year I guess it was worth blowing my coin budget for the year. 27_laughing.gif

I was just browsing ebay and came up on that dime. The pics weren't great but it happens to be my wifes birth year so I thought I might stretch for it a bit. The same seller also had a 1957, also in an old PCI holder, that happens to be my sisters birth year. I had to pay even more for the 1957 (a whole $1.25) and it's only graded PR64 and doesn't have much color. But the seller kindly combined shipping so I came out OK.

The obverse picture is a bit darker than the coin in hand. It's probably about what you see looking flat on to the coin with no direct reflection. The reverse is more accurate.

I think yours is more vibrant and probably more accurately graded, but since mine is my wifes birth year I guess it was worth blowing my coin budget for the year. 27_laughing.gif

Yes dipping into the kids college fund isn't advisable...but hey that's just me foreheadslap.gif

devil.gif