• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obscured posted by blake-rock

4 posts in this topic

I'm no expert on obscured sets, but when I edit a set there is a box to check if you want to

obscure the set that you are editing.

You may have checked that box while editing your set.

You should be able to uncheck that box if it has in fact been checked by using your edit function.

Agreed, unfortunately most likely user error. NGC does not want the sets obscured so they would have no reason to do so. I bet if you look, you can fix it with a click of the mouse.

While we are on the topic why do folks obscure sets, to what end. If it is privacy, here is a big news flash...... NOTHING that you post on the internet, obscured or not IS PRIVATE. Even a weak hacker can march right through the nominal encryption used. Obscuring your set has zero security value. So, why enter all of your coins in the registry if you are going to hide your work. It seems like Numismatic Masturbation to me. But have been an out of the closet coin nerd for some time, what do I know.

JT

On that same note, I have to laugh when I see someone that has obcured a modern proof set (1977-date) which is tied for the maximum score. The owner obviously has a complete PF70UCAM set. What is the point of obscuring it when it is obvious what every coin is?