• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on NGC's grading of three varieties of the 1972-P Eisenhower dollar

5 posts in this topic

I understand NGC recognizes all three varieties of the 1972-P Eisenhower dollar reverse under their VarietyPlus service, but are there any plans by NGC to include these designations without the submitter requesting them and including $7 per coin for the attribution?

Thanks,

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

We will do the 72-P Ike types without the Variety Plus fee. As you know, the addition of the reverse types on the holder is still fairly new, so I would recommend all of our Ike submitters to put the reverse type on a note attached to the invoice or on the invoice line itself.

Thanks,

Can someone tell me if a 1972p Ike "Type2" graded by NGC (NGC 1845901-008) is subject to the similar criteria as a 72p Ike Type2 that addresses the clarity and sharpness of the North American contentinent and the islands off the coast of Florida shown on the World on the reverse of the coin. Thanks, Bull_City_Mike

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

NGC's designations correspond to those in the Red Book and James Wiles' book on Ikes.