• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Says Modern Toners Arent Worth Anything !

61 posts in this topic

I saw all of the coins too and all looked to me EXCEPT the Lincoln. I thought it was borderline environmental damage with all the black. If that were a Morgan I'd say the same.

As to the "value" issue: It's very hard to say that one is buried in a coin. When I bought my 36D Buffalo nickel (see avatar) it was discussed very briefly in a thread ATS. One or two people made the comment that the buyer (ie me) was buried. They're all correct! I've never sold the coin in the 12 years I've owned it. Then again, I've never had any thought of actually putting it up for sale either. lol

Coins like these proofs are unique and some people really want them and are willing to pay a boatload of dough. I still don't know why some people get so upset when SOMEONE ELSE pays a lot of money for a coin. It's not their money so why should they get upset. hm

jom