• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: $2 Bills with serial number 262419 or serial number 361275

9 posts in this topic

I figure this is a long shot or maybe not. I'm not a paper money collector, but I'm looking for $2.00 Bills with the following serial number numbers:

Prefer red seals, but will also take the new ones. Condition not too important.

Also any advice on where to find these also appreciated.

Thanks

I figure this is a long shot or maybe not. I'm not a paper money collector, but I'm looking for $2.00 Bills with the following serial number numbers:

Thanks

impossible to find, you have a better chance of winning the lotto...

but please tell me why?

Thanks

but please tell me why?

They are sentimental to me. I would like to put them in frames and hang them in my home. Does anyone know how many were produced with those serial numbers?

Thanks

but please tell me why?

They are sentimental to me. I would like to put them in frames and hang them in my home. Does anyone know how many were produced with those serial numbers?

By definition wouldn't only one have that serial number from any given series?

That's a tough nut

Thanks

Are you on drugs?

Thanks

Are you on drugs?

Your response might be a little strong but yes, this is like asking for winning lottery numbers ;)

Thanks

but please tell me why?

By definition wouldn't only one have that serial number from any given series?

That's a tough nut

Not at all. I'm only looking at the numerical portion of the serial number so if all twelve federal reserve banks produced them and also each federal reserve bank produced a star note that would be 24 notes with the same serial number produced for each series.

I really wish you the best, but this is going to be pure chance for you. I think that statistically the red notes are out and you should focus on the Fed Notes. Go to your local bank and purchase however many you can, go through them and then spend them as you normally would for regular bills if they aren't the right number. My bank keeps roughly $1000 worth of two dollar bills on hand at any one time...not sure, makes no sense. About once a year I buy a pack ($100) of 2's and pick through looking for stars and unique numbers. That is the way I would go about it. Just to warn you though, the fastest way to upset your bank is to buy them and return the unwanted ones. It's in your best interest to spend them periodically if you want to come back to buy more. That's what I've found out anyway. Again, good luck and please post if you find what you're looking for...I'd sure like to know you succeeded :)