• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 Morgans remains for sale

14 posts in this topic

I am trying my best to shot a better picture of each Morgans with Nikon DSLR. Sorry for large pictures.

Add 3% for paypal. Money order or check is ok.

All coins are free shipping.

1878 S NGC MS63+. It has a grease streak on eagle's wing - $105 OBO

MorganDollar-7_zps7d54556c.jpg

MorganDollar-8_zpsf0d9ecea.jpg

1880 NGC MS64 - $150 OBO SOLD

MorganDollar-3_zps651621d6.jpg

MorganDollar-4_zps97d57381.jpg

1887 old ANACS MS63 VAM-12 DDO Top 100 - $105 OBO

MorganDollar-10_zps960000ed.jpg

MorganDollar-11_zpsc6c14054.jpg

1888 NGC MS63 VAM 7B - $100 OBO

MorganDollar-9_zps6a872489.jpg

MorganDollar_zps67630b7d.jpg

1888 NGC MS65 has a little rainbow cresent - $275 OBO

MorganDollar-5_zps2a9a967c.jpg

MorganDollar-6_zpsde29df4b.jpg

For what its worth, I think your pictures are very very good. I have been fighting the battle of coin photography for a couple years now.. it is an uphill battle to say the least.

Good job on your photos.

If you are trying to perfect your coin photography skills, I would like to make a suggestion. In your photos above there are areas of the coin that are washed out with brightness, (reflections of light). You cant remove the lights completely because good light is needed for these digital cams to capture details.... what you can do though, is diffuse the light. I use plain white printer paper and cover the lights. I have also heard of some people using white paper towels, and covering the lamps that way too... maybe it will help, maybe not... good luck.

All right, I am not trying to be perfect my coin photography skills, I just want to shoot a better picture so that the buyers or other collectors can examine it easier. What kind of lights or lamps are you using?

I took the pictures of coins in our bathroom because it is the brightest room in our home, it's girl's dream bathroom. lol I am trying to figure which lamps I should buy such as led lamp or non-led lamp, so I am taking my time to find the right one. I can do that with paper to cover the light when I buy a lamp.

For this, I bought desk lamps/reading lamps at wal mart, they were 6 or 7 bucks each is all. light bulb is important, your setup will probably determine which watts would work best, but to start try 40-60 watt bulbs. MOST IMPORTANT IS TO USE CLEAR BULBS. VERSUS THE PAINTED BULBS THAT CREATE "WARM LIGHT"....

I bought the recommended Jansjo lamps from IKEA. You need 3 to cover all angles and they bend easily so you can get right in on your subject.

They are $10 each. Cover the light with a tissue (they don't get hot).

Your pictures are acceptable as they are. Too bad you have mostly what I have or I'd be all over them.

I bought the recommended Jansjo lamps from IKEA. You need 3 to cover all angles and they bend easily so you can get right in on your subject.

They are $10 each. Cover the light with a tissue (they don't get hot).

Your pictures are acceptable as they are. Too bad you have mostly what I have or I'd be all over them.

Oh yeah, I have read about Jansjo lamps from Ikea on this forum a few months ago. I was thinking about to buy that as well, the con is that it needs 3 plugs for 3 lamps...

TTT, 4 Morgans are still available for sale. Make an offer!