• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2005 WV Die Break @8PM MS66 posted by Rick Steiner

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Only One...

I have a 2005 WV die break NGC cert MS66 @8PM...

I see die breaks at 4PM all over the place but I have yet to see one at 8PM.

Has anyone found or know where I can find it as I'd like to sell it but not give it away...

In my registry NGC has "No Price" but on eBay the 4PM's go for around $30-40.

With the rarity or assumed araity, can anyone add any info to help.

Thanks

See more journals by Rick Steiner

Hi Rick, I have a few State Quarter CUDs. My notes for WV Cuds as follows: On eBay, a seller had identified at least A thru J different WV CUDs at 4:00. So at least 10 different dies. Possibly some of these were just die states as the cud progressed.

2005-P WV 25C CUD 8:00 REV and OBV Rim CUD at 4:00 in NGC 66 (see my State quarter error custom set for pictures). This was an eBay purchase for <$25 a year ago. (at least one of these is currently for sale on eBay--raw I think).

2005-P WV 25C CUD 8:00 REV Die crack at 4OC, curved line from rim thru US and 5 of date. Third vertical bridge support from left filled. Obv die crack thru bust and designer's initials. This is an NGC 66 that I got on eBay for $38.20 7 years ago. I don't have any pictures of this one, unfortunately.

The previous 2 coins are in my collection and I'm fairly certain they are from two different dies that both formed a Cud at 8:00. I don't think you will get much of a premium for the 8:00 CUD as the error is very prevalent on the WV quarters when you include 4 and 8 and fairly common for just the 8:00 cud.

Do you see any markers on your example?