• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New coin with spots graded that way posted by DJStevenson

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I just bought this coin and I have one question.

My 2014 Baseball Hall Of Fame Coin MS 70 First Release has three spots on it (and I think they are bad). When you look up the cert on http://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/index.aspx?CertNumber=3866977-008 you can see two of the spots. My question is do I contact NGC on about this coin (Because it is no 70 when they graded it) or do I contact the person that sold it to me? I wanted this one because it was First Release to match my other one.

15886.jpg

See more journals by DJStevenson

I would start with the seller. If they allow returns, I would return the coin for a refund.

If you cannot return the coin, I would suggest contacting NGC. The least they could do is to review the coin and determine if the spots could be removed.

Good luck!

John

I wrote awhile ago about all the baseball coins I got from the mint, The unc were all spotted or smeared with some sort of black material. I did not send them in due to that, figuring none would grade 70.

I don't have a real good answere for you. I should note that when the five star generals came out, I bought one from one of the "major" online sellers, they also have a brick & mortar an unc Ike dollar, and it had a real nice scratch on his forehead, looked like someone dropped another coin on it and the scratches look just like the reeded edge of the dropped coin, and that one is also graded 70. So it had the scratches on it before encapsulization.

I was told just to keep it as it is graded a 70 so it will always be a 70.