• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoards and Bags of Eisenhowers ?

36 posts in this topic

Q: How can I obtain an Eisenhower dollar?

A: Most Eisenhower dollars are in circulation. The U.S. Mint discontinued minting Eisenhower dollars in December 1978, and the last of the Eisenhower dollars were distributed to the Federal Reserve Banks in April 1979. Because the Eisenhower dollars are no longer minted, the Reserve Banks cannot order them from the U.S. Mint and supply them to banks. Please check with a coin dealer for information.

A: Most Eisenhower dollars are in circulation. The U.S. Mint discontinued minting Eisenhower dollars in December 1978, and the last of the Eisenhower dollars were distributed to the Federal Reserve Banks in April 1979. Because the Eisenhower dollars are no longer minted, the Reserve Banks cannot order them from the U.S. Mint and supply them to banks. Please check with a coin dealer for information.

Duh!

There are still millions of these in Federal Reserve Vaults and they are available for ordering by most US Banks if the proper form is used.

Duh!

There are still millions of these in Federal Reserve Vaults and they are available for ordering by most US Banks if the proper form is used.

Do you respond rudely for the shock value, or are you simply a person that never learned manners?

As to the substance of your Post, the gentleman is correct. Read again. The Fed can't order from the Mint.

The Banks can order from the Fed, depending on which Reserve is servicing the System the coins are requested from, and whether or not the assigned Fed has the coins available and not committed.

I checked that little tidbit before posting.

I appreciate the opportunity to pin your ears back a little.

Well Duh!

I thought it was ironic for them to claim that they (Federal Reserve) can't "supply them to banks".

I just stumbled upon that Q&A while searching for the forms. I wasn't doubting you.

Duh!

Do you respond rudely for the shock value, or are you simply a person that never learned manners?

As to the substance of your Post, the gentleman is correct. Read again. The Fed can't order from the Mint.

The Banks can order from the Fed, depending on which Reserve is servicing the System the coins are requested from, and whether or not the assigned Fed has the coins available and not committed.

Well thank you MrKnowitAll but the obvious reply was that OBVIOUSLY the US Mint stop making these in 1978 and OBVIOUSLY the Federal Reserve System can no longer order them from the "US MINT" but that wasn't the question.

The QUESTION was: did anybody save a copy of the form used for ordering these from the Federal Reserve.

Kindly take your pins and pin a tail on yourself.

Duh!

Well thank you MrKnowitAll but the obvious reply was that OBVIOUSLY the US Mint stop making these in 1978 and OBVIOUSLY the Federal Reserve System can no longer order them from the "US MINT" but that wasn't the question.

The QUESTION was: did anybody save a copy of the form used for ordering these from the Federal Reserve.

Kindly take your pins and pin a tail on yourself.

I'll give you this: you are a Master at applying an exclamation point to the personna you project.

Caps are not that loud, when used by the uncouth.

I wish you well, and hope for your improvement in the ability to converse in a non-Archie manner.