• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Coin just arrived....1880-S Morgan

11 posts in this topic

Just got this in the mail and I can say pretty comfortably that it's the nicest Morgan I have owned. It is difficult to capture the surfaces just right as both Obverse and Reverse are Proof Like with full luster. This one's going for a cross over at PCGS ASAP!!!!!

1880SMS66PCI.jpg

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

It's in an old Photo-Certified Coin Institute holder from 87 or 88 so the value would jump considerably if I can get it to cross as an MS66. I don't see any reason it wont, but I was hoping it might even make a 67.....don't think it has a chance though due to the reverse.

The obverse has a shot at a 67, but the reverse will hold it to a 66 in my opinion. Still since I paid less than 65 money for it....if it crosses as a 66 like it's currently holdered then I will make out just fine.

I actually like the holder it's in right now....looks pretty good, but if I ever decide to sell......it needs to be in a PCGS holder. Tough call really........but either way, I am pretty tickled with it...............that cheek just blows me away 893applaud-thumb.gif