• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kennedy gold coin fiasco has hit major news media

8 posts in this topic

"Circulated half-dollar Kennedy coins, which were minted from 1964 to 2001, still have a significant premium on them. Fuljenze said that his company has sold good condition 1964 half-dollar Kennedy coins for around $10 and $12."

I think this statement proves the article was written by someone who knows absolutely nothing about numismatics.

Maybe they'll send "team coverage" to the scene and record the empty room and where the lines once were....

The most surprising part to me is that both dealers didn't immediately denounce those initial prices as foolishness in an over hyped market. To say that it is "too early to tell if these prices can be supported" (paraphrasing) is just wrong. At $9k+ I could have told you right where the price was headed.

He also added Kennedy is still an extremely popular president and there already is an established market for Kennedy paraphernalia.

I wonder how the half-ounce First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy gold coin will sell.

:)

He also added Kennedy is still an extremely popular president and there already is an established market for Kennedy paraphernalia.

I wonder how the half-ounce First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy gold coin will sell.

:)

My guess is it might be the most popular of all of the First Lady gold pieces. That one could have a substantial mintage.