• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congratulations HOOT!

23 posts in this topic

Thank you James! I was not even aware that the commentary had appeared until I saw it in the electronic version of CW online! What I have to realize is that the arrival of magazines in Montana is a week later than everywhere else in the U.S., except Barrow, Alaska. So, the commentary had been out since Tuesday! confused.gif

Hoot

I usually receive my Coin World on Fridays, but wouldn’t you know it, I didn’t get it today. mad.gif I guess I’ll have to wait till tomorrow to read Hoot’s latest contribution to the numismatic community. grin.gif

John

What I have to realize is that the arrival of magazines in Montana is a week later than everywhere else in the U.S., except Barrow, Alaska.

Hoot

....and Tonopah, NV.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

It was good to see the letter. You made some very valid points. You should send a copy of it to the Wall Street Journal.

I agree.I had gotten the mag a few days ago and had read the letter,but just didn't get 2&2 together with Mark and Hooten foreheadslap.gif

Found it.....now I just need an autograph......who knew I would run into celebrities on the forum hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

bumpit.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

That'll be the day. yeahok.gif

Thanks for having a looksie. smile.gif

Hoot

Hey my issues get backed up in the mail so when you say a new issue and I just received one....I am thinking the article is missing........besides I thought it was supposed to be in the letters to the editor since I didn't know Hoot ran around with high profiles like J-LO or P-Diddy or the rest of the celebrities 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.gif

Man, I just got my issue of Coin World yesterday in central Nevada. What a bummer. No wonder that all of the good advertised coins are already sold. Not to mention that dealers would have to place the ads two weeks before publication. This really reduces the odds of getting some sweet coins.

re: Hoot's article. So, Hoot, tell us the way you really feel. grin.gif

That investment article really lit a fire under your seat, eh? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Your response was outstanding and very well written. Your passion and advocacy of true numismatics was clearly conveyed. Too bad that your caveats couldn't get more publicity in more secular news sources. You stated information that is direly needed amongst many investors. I've personally been contacted by investment houses such as the one mentioned. Their prices are not merely high retail but are truly unrealistic to the knowledgeable numismatist.

Anyway, Hoot, congratulations on a job well done!!! thumbsup2.gif

Victor - thank you. Very kind words.

As for your CW delivery schedule in Tonopah, I think you need to find out how many people are reading your issue of CW before you get it! 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif You must be making a fortune there, as it's one of the armpits of the world to get stuck in. poke2.gif Great country around you, though. You and the big hairy beast angel.gifmust get out to see the wild places in Nevada. A very beautiful place.

Hoot

Victor - thank you. Very kind words.

As for your CW delivery schedule in Tonopah, I think you need to find out how many people are reading your issue of CW before you get it! 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif You must be making a fortune there, as it's one of the armpits of the world to get stuck in. poke2.gif Great country around you, though. You and the big hairy beast angel.gifmust get out to see the wild places in Nevada. A very beautiful place.

Hoot

Well, anyway, I'm glad that you clarified who is the big, hairy beast, o/w it could be open to interpretation. stooges.gif

As far as the good money part: you're right but they don't call me Victor the little whore for nothing. 893whatthe.gif I love my job but it all boils down to the paycheck.